Privacy Policies at Nimbuzz
MSM’s “Nimbuzz” Privacy Statement
MSM for provision of “Nimbuzz Services” is committed to respecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, communications data and communications content and this Privacy Statement sets out what data MSM Limited collects and how we use and protect it. The trade name “Nimbuzz” and all Nimbuzz Platforms and Services are owned by MSM Limited, a company registered in the Republic of Mauritius, with its registered office C/o. Safyr Utilis Ltd, 7th Floor, Tower 1, NeXTeracom cybercity, Ebene Republic of Mauritius and with its Corporate Office at Floor 146, Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, U.A.E., (“MSM Limited”) and is responsible for the data processing.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OLD YOU SHOULD DISCUSS THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT WITH A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, AND ENSURE THAT THEY AGREE WITH NIMBUZZ’S USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We may amend this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website and/or notifying you in some other way as set out below.
1. What types of personal information does MSM Limited collect?
You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your mobile phone number, name and mobile device information to Nimbuzz Messenger when choosing to participate in the use of the Nimbuzz Messenger application, such as registering as a user, messaging other Nimbuzz users, posting status updates, uploading images. SMS permission is needed to verify the user phone number. In order to provide the Nimbuzz Messenger service, Nimbuzz shall periodically access Your address book or contact list on Your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers of other Nimbuzz Messenger users.
Nimbuzz may use need Camera permission to take the photo from your phone. Microphone permission will be needed if user using the related feature in the application.
In connection with the provision of the Nimbuzz Services (including the Nimbuzz Paid Services) and for operational reasons, MSM Limited may gather and process certain information about you, including the following types of information:
● Your personal data such as and including contact and registration details (name, User ID, address, telephone, mobile, email address etc.) and profile data (age, sex, pastimes, etc.);
● Status updates or public data you post within the Nimbuzz Services;
● Payment data including your credit or debit card billing address etc.,
● Your phonebook, names and addresses, lists of contacts;
● Login data including for Third Party Services accessible through MSM Limited’s Nimbuzz Services;
● Network and technical data (IP addresses, network operator, Device ID data, Device operating system, cookies, etc.);
● Data in relation to use of Nimbuzz games or programs;
● Anonymous data on the approximate location of your device (e.g., from the cell ID data of your mobile network or GPS services);
● Communications contents (e.g., calls, chats, IMs, files share)
● Communications data (e.g., the duration of the call, the number calling, the number called, etc.); and
● Questionnaires or survey results if any; and information regarding use of the Nimbuzz Services.
● We are not connected to any personally-identifiable information or associated with any persistent device identifier (For example: SSAID, MAC address, IMEI, etc.) without the explicit consent of the user.
● We do not promote nor support any third party client or partner to capture SSAID, MAC address, IMEI. If found, we will block all the access and discontinue the partnership with immediate effect.
2. Why and how does Nimbuzz use your personal information?
Our reasons for collecting information relating to you or your Device are to enable MSM Limited (or sometimes other data processors selected by MSM Limited) to provide the Nimbuzz Services through the Nimbuzz application or other applications provided by MSM Limited to you in an effective and satisfactory way, as follows:
● Processing your log-ins, messages and calls and enabling the other features of the Nimbuzz Services;
● Showing your profile information on the Nimbuzz Services: please note that your profile information is provided by you voluntarily and under your sole responsibility;
● Receiving payment from you for Nimbuzz Paid Services, and sending you a receipt or communications regarding your purchases or orders;
● Providing you with customer support, responding to questions and helping to resolve problems;
● Informing you about service updates or problems;
● Resolving disputes;
● Verifying your identity;
● Customizing, understanding users’ use of, and improving the Nimbuzz Services and Nimbuzz Website (this includes customization of advertising based on your location, or features such as indicating when you were last online, notifying your contacts when you are playing a Nimbuzz game or permitting you to invite them to participate in Nimbuzz games); and
● Informing you of additional products, services and offers provided by MSM Limited.
MSM Limited stores the personal information in different data files kept on servers based in the Netherlands and India. MSM Limited will take all reasonable measures to ensure security of the data, including where such servers may be operated by third party data processors under MSM Limited’s responsibility.
If we provide a method for you to invite friends to join Nimbuzz Platforms, then their contact information will only be used for the purposes of automatically generating a message to these potential Nimbuzz’ Platform users. Nimbuzz Services also have a function that can check the names and phone numbers in your address book against the list of Nimbuzz Services users and informs you of existing contacts that are already registered for Nimbuzz Services and with whom you may want to connect. If you are already in the address book of other Nimbuzz Services users they may be informed that you are a “Nimbuzz” user you so that they can decide whether to connect with you.
If we process data regarding the location of your Device then (i) in case of services, such as allowing location requests from your Nimbuzz Platform contacts, you will be able to switch this functionality on or off at any time within the Nimbuzz Services, and (ii) where this is used in order to provide advertising appropriate to your locality then we may provide this to our third party advertising partners but never in a form that you will be able to be identified from this data; and your acceptance of this privacy statement constitutes consent for this processing.
3. Does MSM Limited transfer your personal information to anyone else?
MSM Limited does not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal information, log-in information, communications data or communications content on any Nimbuzz Platform to any third party without your express permission (unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities) except as set out in this Statement.
MSM Limited needs to provide certain information to third parties who assist it in providing elements of the “Nimbuzz Services”. So, for example, in order to enable you to access to voice calling services, MSM Limited may need to provide your mobile number to the provider of such calling services, or to collect payment from you for the Nimbuzz Paid Services, MSM Limited may need to provide such data to a payment processor. Under their contracts with MSM Limited they are required to store and process your information in accordance with similar standards of protection of your data as applied by MSM Limited.
If any authority lawfully requests MSM Limited or one of MSM Limited’s partners to retain and provide personal information, communications content and/or communications or technical data, or permit monitoring or interception, MSM Limited and/or its partner may comply with that request without being obliged to inform you.
MSM Limited operates internationally and may transfer the data for processing in different countries, including by MSM Limited Group companies and affiliates outside of your home country.
4. What items are placed on your device when using the “Nimbuzz services” or website?
In order to use most of the Nimbuzz Services, you will need to install the relevant software on your Device. This software enables you to make and receive communications using your mobile network or the internet and sends the necessary communications data, and other data that you define (e.g., profile or status updates, community log-in data) between your Device and the network.
In addition, for web-based Nimbuzz Services, “cookies” may be used. Cookies are pieces of information stored on your Device in order to enable web-based applications to recognize who you are or your preferences (e.g., what language version of the Website you usually use) and provide MSM Limited with information about the use of its Websites).
Most internet browsers allow you to prevent your Device from accepting or using cookies or require your permission each time a cookie is received. Please note that some personalized Nimbuzz Services may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
5. Your user profile
6. Third party websites and platforms
MSM Limited’s Nimbuzz Websites and Nimbuzz Services may contain links that will let you access Third Party Services such as another website, platform or application. Third Party Services are outside MSM Limited’s control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. MSM Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for any Third Party Services. You should take care before providing any personal information to anyone and in these cases especially to review the applicable privacy statements or policies.
Where MSM Limited provides the ability for you to log-in to Third Party Services using your Nimbuzz account credentials (a feature known as “Nimbuzz Connect”), then you will be asked to agree to this in each case. The particular information that those third parties will be able to access will be indicated at the time of asking for your agreement but will normally include items such as your MSM Limited’s Nimbuzz Service user ID, nickname, email, profile picture, friend list, personal message (status) and online/offline presence.
Please understand that the use of Third Party Services may in addition be subject to your signing up for an account with and accepting the terms and conditions of the relevant third party, including provisions relating to processing of personal data, which may differ from MSM Limited’s policies and for which MSM Limited is not responsible. You can view, manage and block the third party services that use your Nimbuzz ID by logging into your Nimbuzz Profile at any time. If your Nimbuzz Platform friends sign up for third party services using Nimbuzz Connect, then the information they share may include your Nimbuzz ID so that they can also connect with you on the third party service.
7. How does MSM Limited protect your personal information?
MSM Limited takes appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the personal information and communications data provided to them or collected by them. For example, your personal and communications data can only be accessed by authorized MSM Limited staff that need to have access to this data in order for their work.
MSM Limited takes technical measures to protect the confidentiality of the content of communications sent over the Nimbuzz Services, subject to all applicable obligations and exceptions under applicable law.
8. Contacting You
MSM Limited may contact you to notify you of issues and faults with the Nimbuzz Services, and if you are considered to have breached any of the terms of your Agreement with MSM Limited or if another person makes a complaint about your use of the Nimbuzz Services (e.g., a claim that you have infringed their rights in some way).
MSM Limited may also use email, SMS or the Nimbuzz Services to keep you up to date with news about the Nimbuzz Services that you use and/or other Nimbuzz Services unless you have opted out of receiving this information. If you do not want to be kept informed in this way, please contact MSM Limited at email@example.com.
MSM Limited may occasionally ask you to provide information on your experiences with the Nimbuzz Services. Any such feedback will always be voluntary and will be used only for the purposes of measuring and improving the quality of the Nimbuzz Services and Website and not stored as personal information or combined with any of your other personal information.
9. Can this privacy statement be changed?
MSM Limited reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time by notifying you by any reasonable means or by publishing the modified Privacy Statement at http://www.nimbuzz.com/en/legal/privacy_statement. The modified Privacy Statement will become effective thirty days from such publication or notification, unless you expressly accept the modified Privacy Statement earlier. Such express acceptance by you, or your continued use of any Nimbuzz Service after expiry of the notice period of thirty days, shall constitute your consent to the modified Privacy Statement.
10. What are your rights and how can you contact nimbuzz?
You have the right to access and, if necessary, to rectify your personal information. To exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information, please contact MSM Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org. After verifying your identity and provided that your request is legal, within a reasonable period of time MSM Limited will fulfil your request.
You may also ask MSM Limited to stop processing your personal information. However, please note that this will most likely prevent you from using some or all of the MSM Limited’s Nimbuzz Services. You can exercise your right to prevent further processing of your personal information by contacting MSM Limited at email@example.com.
11. How long is your personal information kept by MSM Limited?
MSM Limited will retain your information for as long as is necessary to carry out any of or all the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and comply with applicable legislation, and any applicable orders of regulatory bodies or courts.
12. What types of personal information does MSM Limited collect?
We are not connected to any personally-identifiable information or associated with any persistent device identifier (For example: SSAID, MAC address, IMEI, etc.) without the explicit consent of the user.
We do not promote nor support any third party client or partner to capture SSAID, MAC address, IMEI. If found, we will block all the access and discontinue the partnership with immediate effect.
© MSM Limited, all rights reserved. Last revised: 01st Oct, 2017.